For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.



I love fall! For the obvious reasons - that it marks the soon arrival of snowshoeing season, with festive holiday gatherings and gift giving right around the corner, but also for the more suttle things like pumpkin spice latte's, flannel sheets, and the opportunity to break out the fall wardrobe! Don't get me wrong, I love summer time with a passion! I think the bottom line is that I just enjoy change, so the changing of seasons is no exception. The chilly fall air seems like a good excuse to turn on the heater (hopefully fire up the wood stove some day when we build our dream house) and curl up on the couch with a movie or a good book. This year is twice the fun because I not only get to dress myself in fun fall sweaters and hats, I have to keep little Jenica warm and cozy as well!



I couldn't pass up this outfit last time I was at the mall and today has been the first day it's felt chilly enough to put it on her.



Funny story about the boots - I kept trying to put them on her this morning before taking her to her babysitter for the morning and after what seemed to be a never ending battle of pushing, cramming, pulling, and shoving I determined that they simply would not go on her feet. I was incredibly disappointed, especially since I had no idea where the receipt was to return them, but gave up none the less and put her in brown Mary Jane's instead. Tonight, as we sat on the couch reading books I decided to give it one more shot with bare feet this time instead of socks. Before attempting foot #1, I stuck my fingers into the toes of the boot, something I obviously should have done the first time because low and behold, there was a golf ball size wad of tissue paper crammed in the toe of each boot. No wonder there was no room for your toes, Jenica. Mommy is so sorry!


Comments

cheri said…
How cute! And more important - such a happy girl!!!
Jenica's Dad said…
Hmmm, if you love change so much...maybe I should shave my head tonight while you are out. That should be fun:) Great layout on the post by the way. And great pictures:)

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018