24 Weeks


Rob has been doing such a great job writing these little weekly updates (and I'm not just saying that because he said I looked cute this week!) I've had such an incredible birthday weekend, thanks to so many wonderful friends and family that we are SO INCREDIBLY BLESSED to have in our lives! My weekend started Friday night with a totally relaxing massage at Ellie's house and lots of fun girl time and laughter. Then, thanks to my boss miraculously giving me a Saturday off in February, I got to get a manicure and pedicure (also compliments of my lovely co-workers at Hilltop who got me a gift card to my favorite nail salon for my birthday - in addition to the giant chocolate cake on my desk Friday morning) and then get my hair done by the lovely Jessica Ewing. I came home to a dozen roses on the kitchen table and a surprise birthday gift from my husband. He had printed and framed pictures from a couple of the races I did last year, and then custom made hooks on the bottom of the frames to hold my medals. It was so sweet and thoughtful and I totally LOVE THEM! Here's a picture so you get the idea:
Sunday morning, I skyped with my best-friend Joi and discovered that she had once again orchestrated the most awesome birthday surprise, thanks to many of you who pitched in! I know... you're on the edge of your seat wondering what it is. Well, it's a gift certificate for two massage/house cleaning packages! Doesn't get much better than that folks. I'll get to go relax and get a massage while someone else spends 3 hours cleaning my house. It will be splendid! Especially since I'll either be super pregnant or have a newborn baby at home by the time I get to use it! Anyway, the day just continued to be awesome! My mom drove all the way down from Gig Harbor to spend some time with Jenica while Rob and I met a couple of our good friends at Salty's in Portland for their all you can eat seafood brunch. It was so delicious! I'm still full and it's almost 8:30 at night! The best part... king crab legs brought special to our table (upon request of my husband - since he knows they're my favorite!) Second best part - the GIANT chocolate fountain with everything imaginable for you to dip in it (we all had to try a piece of chocolate dipped twinky, just to say we did!)


Then it was home to take the most lovely Sunday afternoon nap ever, and relax with my family until it's time to go back to work tomorrow. Thank you so much to EVERY SINGLE ONE of you who helped make this birthday so incredibly awesome!

Comments

Joi said…
Now I wish there was a "like" button too. I wonder how a snickers bar would taste dipped in CHOCOLATE!
Angie said…
Shay, I'm so glad you were so blessed on your birthday. You are and amazing woman, easy to admire and love. Blessings on you:)

Angie:)

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018