Clavadistas (Cliff Divers)

Meet Hector



This morning on my walk home around Cerro Del Vigía, I watched as he dove off the jagged cliffs two different times.

Take a look 👀 







I watched the first time as he literally ran down to his spot on the rocks and made the jump for a small group of onlooking tourists. Then after making his rounds collecting money, he quickly flagged down another van full of visitors and made another jump. 

I was curious what a “job” like this pays here in Mazatlán so I struck up a conversation with him. He said he usually makes about $20 US per jump and that he’s been jumping here in Mazatlan for 30 years. 

He told me that one time when 3 cruise ships were in town, he jumped 52 times in one day. He called himself a “professional diver” and “the best in Mazatlán.” When I asked him what makes him the best, he said “because I love it.” 

What would happen if we all found something that we loved, and just trusted that God would provide the rest?

Hector, I applaud you 👏🏼 for doing what you love. Thank you for letting me take your photo and write about you on my website. May your love and dedication to your job be an inspiration to others.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018