Starbucks

Starbucks is so much more than just a place to get a good cup of coffee. They have created a place where people can feel at home all over the world.


You see, traveling is great. I’ll be the first to say how much I love visiting new places, and while I like to “go where the locals go” sometimes, other times I just want to relax in the comfort of something I know, something that is familiar. 

I think that a lot of times we tend to look down on businesses that have “gone global.” I know I personally use to hate seeing McDonalds all over the world, because I associated them with unhealthy food. 

It might be hard to argue that nutritionally speaking Starbucks is any better than McDonalds, but again, I don’t think it’s the product that they are selling necessarily that makes them appealing... its the feeling you get when you go there. 

Everything is familiar, you can order the same drinks you order at home and be pretty confident that it will taste the same, the staff is friendly and polite and usually speaks some English. There are comfortable seating areas where patrons are encouraged to hang out for as little or as long as they would like. 

So even though I’m sure there is less expensive coffee and lattes in the area, this morning I gave my 85 pesos (about $4.66 US) to Starbucks here in Playa Del Carmen, and I sat on their patio and enjoyed sipping it and pondering the comforts of home. 



P.S. I really like how they spelled my name this time πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018