Beauty

During my quiet time with the Lord this morning I was praying for my girls. They are 12 and 15 years old. When I look at them, I see such strong, beautiful, kind, smart, amazing humans! Physically, they are fit and athletic. At their doctor checkups, they are right where they are supposed to be in terms of height, weight and BMI. 

But because of our genetics, we all have a little junk in the trunk if ya know what I mean ๐Ÿ‘

As a 44 year old woman, I can look at my daughters and their friends, and see the beauty in all the different body types that God has created. But as a teenager myself, I felt fat, ugly and unattractive. I’m sure this was perpetuated by my 125 lb mother constantly talking about her body in a negative way. If she thought she was fat, then I definitely was fat at 155lbs (my teenage weight) and let’s not even talk about what I weigh now!

And while I know health wise, it would benefit me to lose another 30-40 lbs, overall I am content in the body God created me in. I have learned to love myself and I want my girls to have that same self-love and self-confidence that they are so beautiful just how God created them, big booties and all!

I mean, in some cultures, having a b’donka donk is actually a good thing. Heck, when we were living down in Mexico I think butt implants were even more popular than breast implants for the local women.

My point is, our culture has managed to shame women into thinking we need to look a certain way to be considered beautiful or attractive, and that is a BIG FAT LIE that I do not want my girls to grow up believing (pardon the pun ๐Ÿ˜‚).

Beauty truly does come from the inside. It comes from making good choices about what you do and don’t put in your body, it comes from believing in yourself! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018