19 Weeks


Our little BB weighs more than half a pound now! She is probably around 6 inches long and I'm starting to feel her move around more and more. Many of her systems are already fully developed. Her kidneys are functioning, her heart is busy pumping blood, and she may even be starting to sprout a little hair on her head. This week, her brain is beginning to designate specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. She can most likely hear by now and may be beginning to distinguish mom and dad's voice from others. In fact, the other night Rob was reading our nightly bible story and I could barely concentrate because she was wiggling around so much. Just her way of telling us how much she already loves her daddy - especially when he's teaching us about Jesus. I feel, and look, more pregnant everyday - which is exciting, but also a little scary. After all, someday our little sugar plum will have to come out into the world and I hear the transition can be pretty painful for mom. I'm sure she will be well worth it - but I'd be lying if I didn't say that thinking about that day still makes me a bit nervous. Love and blessings to all our friends and family. Don't worry, we'll keep the pictures coming!

Comments

Joi said…
So, I got the sex wrong but maybe I'll be right if I say haircolor = light brown (more on the blonde side) that will get darker as she gets older. Come on BB don't make me wrong twice!!! ;) lol

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018