Welcome to the third trimester!

Little BB probably weighs about 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 pounds by now and is about 14 - 16 inches in length from head to toes. She has eyelashes now and can most likely open and close her eyes. Up to this point, her brain surface has appeared smooth, but around this time it will begin to form characteristic grooves and indentations on the surface. The amount of brain tissue is also increasing. She has doubled in size in the last 4 weeks. She has pretty regular sleep and wake cycles now and continues to keep me entertained with her kicks, rolls and somersaults, which are now pretty visible from the outside. Her dad and I are getting more and more excited every day. Less than 3 months to go now!

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you need a babysitter I'd be more than happy to help! Plus I have some experience. I always look forward to reading your entries.
Love ya, Amy

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018