Fall Sports

This past weekend was so fun! The weather was beautiful. Sunshine, with that crisp cool air of Fall. Saturday Jenica had an all day volleyball tournament in Camas, Washington. Tenley had her first volleyball game at 8:00am here in Oregon City, and a soccer game in the afternoon in Portland, and then another soccer game this morning in Canby.

I watched Tenley's volleyball game Saturday morning, then headed to Washington to spend the day at Jenica's tournament. On the drive, I was reflecting on life these days and the path my career has taken me. A few years ago, I made the tough decision to stop doing photography professionally, so I could focus on my tax consulting business. Since then, my business has more than doubled and I love Fall even more than I use to. Fall has always been my favorite season. But Fall use to be my busiest time for photos. Senior pictures, my annual "Fall Special", and the fact that Fall photos are GORGEOUS, it kept me very busy. 

Back in the day, when the kids were little, I loved having the extra side hustle. But now, with all three kids in sports and none of them driving themselves yet, my schedule is FULL. I would be missing out on a lot of their life if I was still trying to do photoshoots on evenings and weekends. I'm so thankful that I am able to attend their sporting events, cheer them on, AND still do something that I love. Take photos! And recently I've been dabbling with shooting video with my DSLR and using iMovie to make fun little diddy's like these:



What hobbies bring you joy and how do you incorporate them into your everyday life? I'd love to hear from you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018