Making New Friends

Last week, we had school at Rico's Cafe in Zona Dorado (The Golden Zone), here in Mazatlan. 




The local kids here didn't have school on Monday and Tuesday because of Carnival, so Tuesday while we were having school, these sweet kids came in and tried to sell us bracelets. We told them "no gracias" (no thanks), but they seemed really interested in what we were doing. I asked where their parents were and they said they were on the beach selling, so I invited them to sit down and join us.



From left to right, Jocelin, Judith and Luis. I think Judith was 8 or 9 and the other two were 11 years old. The perfect age for me to practice my Spanish with! lol


They stayed for Math, Reading, and were obviously the perfect addition to our Spanish lesson for the day. After we finished school, we ordered a huge plate of French Toast and we all ate together. 





When it was time to go, they asked us if we could be friends, and Luis drew us this nice picture.


It is these type of life experiences that I feel so blessed to be experiencing with my kids. To follow more of our journey of parenting abroad, be sure to follow us on social media!

And don't forget to subscribe to our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018