Teenage Wisdom

I came across this letter in my drawer the other day while I was cleaning out my nightstand. It is so meaningful and profound coming from my teen or tween (I think my daughter was 12 when she wrote this to me.) The adolescent years are tough. I wouldn't want to go back and repeat them, and I want to make sure I am healthy and equipped to be a good mom and role model during this transitional time in their lives.

I want to be able to look back and re-read this during the challenging times that I know are ahead as I enter the next 6 - 7 years of having at least two teenagers in the house.



Thank you my dear, sweet daughter for taking the time to write this. You are right, WE'LL get through this together and despite the challenges of adolescence I am so honored and blessed to be your mom, and I truly love your company (most of the time). lol

Love you so much and I will always be here for you no matter what!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anniversary of my Dad's diagnosis

Day Care