Glimmers

Have you heard the term yet? Glimmers. I’ve seen it a couple of times now. It’s like, the opposite of a trigger. 
A trigger, sometimes referred to as a stressor, is an action or situation that can lead to an adverse emotional reaction. A glimmer, on the other hand, is something that leads to a positive emotional response. Instead of anxiety, or anger, or fear, positive feelings of peace, well-being and satisfaction kind of overtake you and it just feels good! I don’t know about you, but I could use more everyday life moments like that. Taking time to stop and notice these moments has been so life enhancing for me.


I feel like I’ve been focusing on my problems for years; working towards healing past hurt and trauma, which, don’t get me wrong, has been amazing and it had to happen for me to really live a healthy, fulfilling life. 
I’ve learned how to manage my triggers, how to reprogram my brain to think differently and therefore respond differently in stressful situations, and I’ve learned tools and skills that have improved my life and my relationships greatly. 

Now I’m ready to focus on the glimmers. I’ve created a life that I love and every day I have so many things to be thankful for. One of my glimmer moments just this weekend was time in the sunshine with a cool fall breeze blowing, pumpkin latte in hand, watching my daughter play soccer.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16wSnbqj7bRBFSeg6bzBzSZzYHDnm1r5a

I would love to hear a glimmer moment of yours in the comments 👇🏼

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018