It’s a hard time of year

I love the beautiful fall colors! I love the changing seasons. I love how beautiful the Pacific Northwest is and I know that is greatly due to all the rain we get. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1CFXF1PRx4HtPjqv61r_lTzdkRD18jnRj

But this time of year is hard for me. 

The cold temperatures cause my body to be in a lot more physical pain than I am during warmer months (or in warmer climates.) Because of this, I stay inside and bundled up more often, and really miss having time outside. I also miss the light, not just the sunshine, although that is huge too, but the lack of daylight this time of year also weighs on my emotions.

It’s like, despite my efforts, I’m teetering back on the brinks of depression this time of year and I don’t like it. But at least I have enough awareness and life experience to know that these feelings are temporary. 

I can’t believe it’s been 7 years since we downsized, packed up our necessities, and ventured south to Mazatlan, Mexico for the winter. I’m so incredibly thankful that my family was able to have that experience and adventure, while the kids were still young and not missing out on as much socially or academically.

And while the sunshine, warm beaches, and lower cost of living is still appealing to me now, I’m also so thankful that my kids have stability. They all have close friendships, are involved in our church, and get to play on sports teams and be in clubs. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1N6-XxWk0Ezslfjk4_WRAIxTh9evO1y0e

I wouldn’t want it any other way. 

But I also wouldn’t turn down a week or two on a sunny beach somewhere. 

Girls trip, anyone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018