Road Trip Day 3 - Boulder Beach, Silverwood

Today started out with a leisurely pancake breakfast (with huckleberry syrup! πŸ˜‹), some corn hole at our camp site, then we headed to Silverwood around 10:30 so we could save a good spot for the day at Boulder Beach.




We were able to get the very same picnic table spot that we had last year, and a few lounge chairs right on the lazy river.





The kids had a blast! I hardly saw them for hours. Finally they were all back at the same time, and we went on Avalanche Mountain together. I also hung out in one of the wave pools with Tenley, Kenton and Ellie for a bit, but other than that you could find me floating the lazy river or napping in my lounge chair. 

Around 5:00, we changed into dry clothes and headed back to finish out the day on some rides. 
But first... Dippin’ Dots ice cream (and cotton candy for mom.)








Not pictured here are Amy, Jeff and my super brave niece Ellie who also went on Timber Terror with us.

Kenton did the Panic Plunge for a 3rd time, this time with Rob. And, he offered to go on the Spin Cycle with me since that was the one ride I hadn’t been on the park.



I didn’t get a good picture but he was so brave. I was really proud of him, and also happy to have an adrenaline seeking adventure buddy. Afterwards, he said he hated it, but also said he was glad he did it. That was a great teaching moment to talk to him about other areas where you might hate doing something, AND ALSO be glad you did it.

Silverwood is so pretty at night. We stayed until they started shutting things down at 9:00.



Jenica and I ended up in matching t-shirts and I had some pretty awesome hat hair by the end of the day. 

Tenley was so tired when we got home that she fell asleep just like this reading her book.



I also forgot to post these pictures yesterday of the kids “mining” for rocks. It was a fun little gift shop that had a tunnel out the back that went into a cave where the kids got to dig and sift to find treasures.








Thanks for following our adventures! Please leave a comment if there’s any questions I can answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we got here…

March 20th, 2018